|Location||International, UK - London|
|Consultant||Liam Taaffe, Associate Director|
EMEA Employment Legal Counsel – US TECH
A US Cloud provider with over 8,000 employees is changing the way people work with dynamic technology which enables it users to experience a much faster and accessible service. With a recently appointed CEO from a Global SAAS business, the company stocks has already increased by 20% and there is huge excitement of business growth for 2020.
The EMEA Head of Employment is seeking a motivated and experienced Employment lawyer to join the Global Employment Legal Team where you will support the continued growth in EMEA. As it’s a newly created position you will be uniquely positioned to help the HR Team with their strategy in building a culture of high performance and great inclusion. You will focus on providing expert employment law advice to the Global HR Team and other key internal stakeholders in EMEA. The EMEA Head of Employment is ideally looking for a mid-level lawyer who has a combination of Law Firm and In-house experience (ideally a Tech company) as this role offers challenging legal issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
The key candidate requirements
- You will closely assist and advise the HR team with the creation of a team culture with high performance and great inclusion. Deliver business oriented, risk-based advice and counsel on the full range of employment law issues including: hiring, disciplinary actions, dismissals, complex employee relations issues, restructurings, works councils, compensation and benefits, leaves, DIBs (diversity, inclusion and belonging), and employee privacy matters.
- Fully understanding the legal requirements is the starting point – treating people fairly and creating an amazing working environment is the end point
- Partner with the Global Talent Organisation to create and revise global and locally compliant policies and procedures consistent with our values
- Partner with the Global Talent Organisation and Management on works council and collective employee relations issues
- Advise and collaborate with the Global Talent Organisation to develop and implement global and EMEA related initiatives
- Develop and deliver best in class employee related training’s.
- Manage employment claims and litigation matters for EMEA
- Partner and collaborate with other members of the Global Employment Law team on global projects and issues
- Monitor and maintain knowledge of changes in EMEA related employment laws and regulations and industry practices that impact the business and provide practical advice and support to the business regarding the same
- Partner with the Privacy team on employee related privacy/GDPR matters
You will have 3+ years of employment law experience gained from a leading law firm and/or in-house legal department of a multi-national company, candidates with tech experience and current In house experience is advantageous. Must have strong academic credentials and be UK and/or EU qualified with experience of employment law across a variety of EMEA jurisdictions, including advising on works council matters, and a desire to develop and expand expertise. You will be surrounded by senior commercial key team members and will be required to understand complex issues, identify risks and provide concise business-focused legal and risk mitigation advice and counsel. Additional knowledge and experience of employee related privacy/GDPR matters would be helpful.